A Systems Theory Approach to the Mind/Body Problem (ver. 1)

The Black Box theory of Mind as given below suggests that the mind/body problem
may be expressed analogously as a system theory in which mental consciousness
or subjectivity
is the time activity of the physical brain expressed in Fourier frequency space.
A spacial transform may also be involved, but for the moment we will only
consider the frequency
transform. And it may be added that perhaps some different type of transform
might succeed this version

The ultimate model for the mind is what is sometimes called "Platonia", a
timeless
perfect Heavenly world of reason. Being timeless, it is not unreasonable to
characterize
it as being subjective, that is, in frequency space. The objective physical
Aristotelian world
(down here below, so to speak) is more suitably chartacterizes as in time.

Thus I propose that we have a dual-aspect reality,

(a).  The world from the objective, physical point of view, in time.

(a)^-1,  The world from the subjective, mental point of view, in frequency space

The Black Box Consciousness Model [Objective Brain/Body->Subjective
Mind/Mental->Objective Brain/Body].

Here's how I now see the whole mindbrain consciousness complex:

    I (physical input signal, brain/body, objective) ---> II (Consciousness
[nonphysical black box "signal processing"] , mind/mental, subjective) ---->
    ----->III (physical output signal, brain/body, objective)

    I= Firstness (1p) = physical input signal from outside world into brain
----->
    II=Secondness (2p) = the mind's black box of mental (not brain) signal
processing --->
    III=Thirdness (3p) = physical signal output to outside world through brain.

Without going into more detail at this point, the theory can be stated from:

F (t) = Firstness or the objective (ohysical)
    input signal of the brain in time,
F(w) =  the subjective, mental or form of F(t)

S (t) = Secondness or the System function in the t or objective world
S (w) = Secondness or the System function in the w or subjective world

T(t) = Thirdness or objective output signal of the brain in time,
T(w) =  the subjective, mental or form of T(t)

The overall theory being:

T(w) = F(w)+S(w)

One might then define consciousness as

S(w) = T(w)/F(w)