On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:14:18 PM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> CRAIG: Enhance whose life though?
>
> ROGER: Anybody's life.

Disinfectants destroy microbiotic life.

> CRAIG: Would slavery Good or Evil?
>
> ROGER: The masters diminish the life of the slaves.
> The slaves have their lives diminished.  So there's
> no good in it at all.

The slaves enhance the lives of their masters. Their masters have their
lives enhanced. So there's as much good in it as not.

> CRAIG: What about promiscuity or dessert or yeast?
>
> ROGER: Promiscuity diminishes the value of love and commitment,
>     hence of life. I have no opinions on dessert or yeast.

Promiscuity without contraception enhances the number of pregnancies.  If
you have no opinion on the others, does that mean that they don't fit into
the good/evil dichotomy?

> CRAIG: Is cell division good or evil?
> I would say that growth of healthy cells is goog because they enhance life.
> And growth of cancer cells is evil or bad because they can cause death.

Cancer cells enhance their own life.