On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> On 1/4/2013 3:24 AM, meekerdb wrote:
>>
>> On 1/4/2013 12:05 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Craig Weinberg
>>>
>>> IMHO Sheldrake is one of the  very few who have had the courage to
>>> prove and call materialism bad science.
>>

>> You don't know how to count.  The world is full of mystics and the
>> superstitious who don't even know what "materialism" means.  They are 90% of
>> the Earth's population - the ignorant 90%.
>

>     Ah, and you are in that elite 10%! Congratulations are in order!
>

>>> I think he is the vanguard
>>> of good science, which is not blinded by materialism's dogmas.
>>

>> So why doesn't he do an experiment that tests his theory and can be
>> replicated?
>

>     He does propose experiments. They cost money to perform...
>

>>> A necessary revolution is in the making, for one thing because
>>> materialism
>>> can't explain consciousness because of its dogmas (everything must be
>>> physical).
>>

>> That doesn't mean that anything that is not materialism can explain
>> consciousness.  Materialism at least explain why getting hit on the head
>> changes your consciousness.
>

>     Good! But it still cannot explain how!
>

>> Brent
>> The first principle of religion is to fool yourself - and you
>> are the easiest person for you to fool.
>>       --- with apologies to R. Feynman
>>

> --
> Onward!
>
> Stephen

I wrote a review paper for the Quantum Mind 2003 Tuscan, AZ Conference
a decade ago that upon rereading could have well been about morphic
fields. The morphic field would be the non-local consciousness that I
and others then claimed to be a property of a Dark Matter axion
condensate that was a BEC composed of nearly motionless cosmic axions.

In particular the Quantum Information Theory derived by Boris Iskatov
for such a medium had solutions (described in the paper) that could
well explain some of the empirical effects claimed for the morphic
field.

An open question in this paper is the coupling mechanism between
physical consciousness in the brain and the non-local consciousness of
the axion condensate. I now believe that the coupling is between a
physical brain BEC and the axion BEC, except that I also now believe
that the particles of compactified space of string theory, also a BEC,
more actively manifest a non-local consciousness based on CTM.

The paper also reviews empirical evidence for non-local consciousness
presented at that conference that may of of interest:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/sanmateoissues/DarkMatt.html
Richard