On 1/4/2013 7:26 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 1/4/2013 7:07 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
I wrote a review paper for the Quantum Mind 2003 Tuscan, AZ Conference
a decade ago that upon rereading could have well been about morphic
fields. The morphic field would be the non-local consciousness that I
and others then claimed to be a property of a Dark Matter axion
condensate that was a BEC composed of nearly motionless cosmic axions.

In particular the Quantum Information Theory derived by Boris Iskatov
for such a medium had solutions (described in the paper) that could
well explain some of the empirical effects claimed for the morphic
field.

An open question in this paper is the coupling mechanism between
physical consciousness in the brain and the non-local consciousness of
the axion condensate. I now believe that the coupling is between a
physical brain BEC and the axion BEC, except that I also now believe
that the particles of compactified space of string theory, also a BEC,
more actively manifest a non-local consciousness based on CTM.

The paper also reviews empirical evidence for non-local consciousness
presented at that conference that may of of interest:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/sanmateoissues/DarkMatt.html
Richard

Hi Richard,

I will take a look, but I confess to being a bit skeptical of any substantist theory... How can substances communicate with each other representationally?

More from the paper: "Briefly the model of consciousness is that*Cooper-pair*layers of positive and negative half-spin axions couple to the "*/corporeal"/*physical brain on one (metaphorical) side, and to an "*/incorporeal"/*higher self or soul composed of half-spin axions on the other. The incorporeal layer is said by Jerome to be a living, sentient life-form. The actual*coupling mechanism*to the brain is also incorporeal, i.e. not chemical or electrical, consistent with Bohm theory below."

How is this qualitatively different from Descartes postulation of the Pinial gland as the point where res extensa and res cognitas met and interact? The Stone duality idea works so much better that applies to any logical structure and its dual, particles or axion are just versions of Stone spaces in my thinking! (And there is no dependence on temperature for their isomorphism to hold!)

--
Onward!

Stephen