On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hi Platonist Guitar Cowboy
>
> You've obviously never watched one of Sheldrake's
> lectures.

Watched, listened, and even read some things a few years back. I sincerely
tried to open my mind, but when I realized I was forcing that, instead of
doing my homework, I dropped him. Doesn't mean he hasn't changed, but what
you posted sounds like the old song. Maybe my prejudice.

> All of his speculations are supported with
> empirical data. You'll find some of it on his website,
> others in his books and lectures.

Aware of that.

> I watched the first hour of McKenna's lecture as given below,
> It was essentially a promo for taking drugs, and it showed no data,
> so finding him distasteful after watching for an hour, I gave up.

May I ask what approximate criteria you associate with taste in this case?

> So where's all of McKenna's data?

He never pretended to have any. He's self-avowed fool: "the object of this
talk is that you never have to hear this sort of thing again in your life;
you can put that behind you" paraphrased from video.

> I think he died about a decade ago
> of some brain problem (could it have been from taking drugs?).

Begging.

> His brother became a drug addict also, don't know what happened to him.

Same again, which seems to indicate you don't really care. Otherwise one
google search and click would've wikied you this on a silver plate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_McKenna
PGC