From: Platonist Guitar Cowboy
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-06, 17:08:32
Subject: Re: Re: Is Sheldrake credible ? I personally think so.

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Platonist Guitar Cowboy
?
You've obviously never watched one of Sheldrake's
lectures.

Watched, listened, and even read some things a few years back. I sincerely
tried to open my mind, but when I realized I was forcing that, instead of doing
my homework, I dropped him. Doesn't mean he hasn't changed, but what you posted
sounds like the old song. Maybe my prejudice.
?
All of his speculations are supported with
empirical data. You'll find some of it on his website,
others in his books and lectures.

Aware of that.
?
I?atched the first hour of McKenna's lecture as given below,
It was essentially a promo for taking drugs, and it showed no data,
so finding him distasteful after watching for an hour, I gave up.
?

May I ask what approximate criteria you associate with taste in this case?

?
So where's all of McKenna's data?

He never pretended to have any. He's self-avowed fool: "the object of this talk
is that you never have to hear this sort of thing again in your life; you can
put that behind you" paraphrased from video.
?
I think he died about a decade ago
of some brain problem (could it have been from taking drugs?).

Begging.
?
His brother became a drug addict also, don't know what happened to him.
?

Same again, which seems to indicate you don't really care. Otherwise one google
search and click would've wikied you this on a silver plate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_McKenna
PGC

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/5/2013