On Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:06:25 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

> I appear to be wrong about the aether, according to a physicist
> friend of mine, and the lastest physics:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_theories
>
> Apparently the Michaelson-Morley experiment has been explained away,
> and, together with the discovery of dark energy and matter,
> the theory of the aether is being replaced by new theories.

As long as people continue to misinterpret energy as phantom of public
physics they will always need to invent new kinds of foams, forces, fluxes,
and fields to prop it up. Also there will need to continue to be new
theories which explain away the enormous chasm between that world of
nonsensical ghosts and the universe in which we actually live.