On Friday, January 11, 2013 4:45:39 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> What we call light is a visual experience. EM radiation below the visible
> range is felt as heat. This means that the entirety of the character of the
> EM is defined by the receiver-transmitter relation.
>

> That's Feynman-Wheeler emitter/absorber theory of EM radiation - they
> couldn't make it work and I doubt that you can either.  You seem to be
> ignoring that there is already a unified theory of EM than includes light
> and it explains things like static electricity and electric motors as well
> as most light phenomena.  And it does not explain photoelectric effect, the
> black body spectrum, and the stability of atoms - for which you need
> quantum electrodynamics.

I'm not suggesting a literal emission/absorption across space. I say
'transmitter-receiver' in the figurative sense, as empathy or money are
'sent'. Static electricity and electric motors seen in the behavior of
matter, not in a vacuum. There is no reason why all observed effects of EM
would not be local to (sensory-motive) matter.

Craig