On 11 Jan 2013, at 18:14, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Reminds me of an old short by Larry Niven, called All the Myriad Ways, where a police detective tries to uncover why radom murder- suicides are happening, (That world is where scientists discover how to travel to different Earths) and had discovered one, where the Cuban War was just a wet firecracker.

Everett's daughter committed suicide after Everett died (she was afflicted by schitzophrenia) "to be with Daddy."

Yes, to "met Daddy in a parallel world".
She said it explicitly, apparently, but it might also be only a poetical way to express herself. I don't know.