On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2013, at 11:42, Roger Clough wrote:
>
>> Here very briefly is how Leibniz might explain morphic resonance and the
>> presence of the past.
>> in terms of his monadology. For that, see :
>>
>> http://www.marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/ge/leibniz.htm
>>

>> I am not a marxist.
>>
>> 1. Each substance or simple body has a physical representation in the
>> phenomenol world
>> and a mental representation called a monad in the mental world. (This is
>> Idealism)
>

> Too much fuzzy for me.
>

>> 2. The monads are closely related to morphisms. Each monad has within it a
>> homunculus (so that the monadology is throughly anthropomorphic),
>> representing roughly Aristotle's levels of being, some complete (man) ,
>> some primitive (a rock).
>

> I think a universal program might do the work, or a Löbian one. A universal
> person.
>

>> 3. Also within each monad are a stack of "perceptions", which are not
>> conventional perceptions (seen directly
>> by the monad) but are snapshots given it in a rapid series of updates by
>> the Supreme Monad (God or the One).
>

> That's the heart of the "aristotelian error", pehaps. This is only a local
> probable universal machine. Reality is *much* vaster.
>

>> 4. These perceptions reflect all of the perceptions of the other monads
>> (from their
>> own perspectives) in the universe, which is made up entirely of monads. So
>> it's
>> a holographic universe.
>

> Not bad metaphor.
>

>> 5. The stack of past perceptions in each monad are its memory. Each
>> contains a snapshot of the
>> entire universe of other monads.
>

> There is something like that. It would be long to show the math here.

I speak of a 4 dimensional  semi-infinite block universe that may be
the universally accessible storage of everything that ever happened,,
with calculations of every possibility for the future semi-infinity
(in my Neuoroquantolgy paper*) and suggest that it may store the
Akashic Records.

*Implications of a Multiverse String Cosmology
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=523402733411806220#editor/target=post;postID=2391911751582781301

wiki- Hinduism
In Hinduism Akasha means the basis and essence of all things in the
material world; the first material element created from the astral
world (Air, Fire, Water, Earth are the other four in sequence). It is
one of the Panchamahabhuta, or "five elements"; its main
characteristic is Shabda (sound). In Sanskrit the word means "space",
the very first element in creation.