On 16 Jan 2013, at 17:30, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 15 Jan 2013, at 16:24, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

What do you mean by "quantum mind"?
keep in mind that with comp we cannot assume the quantum. It is has to be
derived from the "digital seen from inside".
And I am not sure we can choose the computations we are in, no more than
choosing our parents.

Bruno

If the arithmetic computations
do not predict/derive
quantum mechanics,
they are not pertinent.

You are right.
But UDA shows that if comp is correct, and QM is correct, then the second
has to be a mathematical consequence of the first.

Agreed, just as I put it above.

So, let us derive the physics from comp,

I do believe that is primarily your concern.

Well it is the concern of anyone wanting to get a TOE which includes a solution/explanation of the mind-body riddle.

and then we can compare with nature.

which I claim is best represented by quantum string theory

I am open to that hypothesis, but to get both the qualia and the quanta, we must derive them from numbers and their self-referential abilities.
Again, that is the result of the UD Argument.

If nature refutes comp, then we have learned something, but up to
now, thanks to QM, the two physics fits well.

Can you provide a reference for that claim? Is it your work?

Yes, it is the second part. I divide my work in two parts: UDA and AUDA, i.e. UDA = Universal Dovetailer Argument (or Universal Dovetailer Paradox, as I call it before defending this as a PhD thesis), and AUDA = Arithmetical UDA, it is the translation of the argument in arithmetic (or in any Turing Universal machine's language), and the answer of the machine (but also to its "guardian angel": the machine is mute on this, unless she too assume comp, and some amount of self-consistency (but not much so as to avoid the consequence of Gödel's second theorem).

The antropic principle of computations.
Richard