On Friday, January 18, 2013 1:15:09 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2013, at 18:50, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:06:03 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>>
>> On 1/16/2013 5:32 PM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>> > That is the most clear demosnstration that what we perceive is in the
>> > mind ,and the rest out of the mind is only mathematics (or some kind
>> > of underlying conputation)
>>

> Mathematics is even further in the mind than geometry (which is why 3D
> geometry is intuitive to any toddler, while learning basic arithmetic takes
> some work).
>
> Mathematics does not exist on its own. It does not haunt the vacuum of
> distance.
>

> In your theory. But it has not yet been developed, and it is a bit
> exhausting that you talk systematically like knowing a truth.  You are
> unclear on your idea, and unclear why they should be a problem for comp, or
> even for arithmetical realism. I am not sure "mathematics exists" make any
> sense to me.

I am only unclear in why you would think that I am unclear. My
understanding is that arithmetic truth is one facet of pattern recognition,
which is the universal primitive upon which both ideal and material realism
depends. Because arithmetic is a private representation of other private
representations, it has no public existence which is independent of sense,
nor could any configuration of figures and functions give rise to any form
of sense were they hypothetically able to exist independently of sense.

Please don't hesitate to let me know what seems unclear about that.

Craig