On 21 Jan 2013, at 18:17, John Mikes wrote:

Many questionable statements along this long conversation.

To your quote (life library?) - it is a figment of our conventional (bio?) sciences, as we build 'life' theories from atoms - em - energy - etc.

I was alluding to molecular biology. I think it is correct. DNA (genes) are translated into RNA, which is "interpreted" (by ribosomes, transfert RNA, following the genetic code) into sequences of amino- acid, transforming themselves (with our without the help of other protein, enzyme or molecular structures) into proteines or enzymes). That's why, chicken eggs gives chicken, and cannabis seeds give cannabis plant. Of course in biology you can add nuances, and some genes are molecular playwords capable of being decoded differently, etc. I think it is not an exaggeration to see the DNA as the moelcular memory of life processes. I discovered by myself that DNA is Turing universal when reading Jacob and Monod.

*
I don't know about "Turing" ccness, but in my terms ccness is the response to relations. (Was: to information)

OK.

In such sense DNA(?) (+ or not) citoplasm(?) may have such.

Well, DNA alone is like a book without a reader. Cytoplasme is needed to get the DNA interpreted into proteins. Then proteins do their jobs (if you allow me a bit of anthropomorphism, to be short), notably duplicate and protect, repair, etc. the DNA structure.

Bruno

JM