On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:44:41 PM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> You seem to not having yet realize that with comp, not only materialism
>> is wrong, but also weak materialism, that is, the doctrine asserting the
>> primary existence of matter, or the existence of primary matter.
>>
>> We are, well, not in the matrix, but in infinities of purely arithmetical
>> matrices. matter is an appearance from inside.
>>
>> My point is not that this is true, but that it follows from comp, and
>> that computer science makes this enough precise so that we can test it.
>>

> Bruno,
> Is it possible that the existence of matter from comp as a dream of the
> Quantum Mind happened once and for all time way back in time?
> Richard

Quantum Deism. Cool.

It still doesn't make sense that there could be any presentation of
anything at all under comp. If you can have 'infinities of purely
arithmetical matrices' which can simulate all possibilities and
relations... why have anything else? Why have anything except purely
arithmetical matrices?

Craig