On 22 Jan 2013, at 18:44, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote: You seem to not having yet realize that with comp, not only materialism is wrong, but also weak materialism, that is, the doctrine asserting the primary existence of matter, or the existence of primary matter.

We are, well, not in the matrix, but in infinities of purely arithmetical matrices. matter is an appearance from inside.

My point is not that this is true, but that it follows from comp, and that computer science makes this enough precise so that we can test it.

Bruno,
Is it possible that the existence of matter from comp as a dream of the Quantum Mind happened once and for all time way back in time?

I am still unsure what you mean by "quantum mind". If by quantum you mean the usual quantum mechanics, it should appear as the natural view of arithmetic (numberland, computerland) seen from inside. You can say that mind and matter exist as a view of the (totally atemporal and aspatial) number reality. It is time itself which "appears", in a non tempral sense, but a logical sense, from the elementary number relation. As amazing it might seem, comp makes really a theory like

x + 0 = x
x + s(y) = s(x + y)

 x *0 = 0
 x*s(y) = x*y + x

or like

((K, x), y) = x

into authentical (and equivalent) "theories of everything" (mind, force and stuff). The rest are definition and theorems. Those theories are complete and even non completeable. If string theory is the correct physics, then it has to be derived from the relation above. And I can explain that we get more, as we will get the non communicable part of truth too (the qualia). Normally we will go through some steps of this on FOAR. On this list, I have explained many things, but the list is too voluminous to search.