On 23 Jan 2013, at 23:50, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
Arithmetical truth is a sort of block-brains-in-a-vat

This is what I mean by the term "Quantum Mind"
I think of the Quantum Mind as a Block Metaverse
containing all possible universes which is timeless
since everything in the MWI Metaverse is known
to first order like the trajectories of the galacies,
stars and planets. and probably all cosmic events like supernovae.
As you say, I think, it is first person uncertainty that forces
what I call the Quantum   Mind to recalculate the future
and therefore time is introduced.

OK. You might still look a little bit like assuming some physical reality, which cannot be done if we want extract a theory of both quanta and qualia.
It can be done in the meta-theory, but not in the theory itself.

The terming "quantum mind" has (bad, imo) connotations related to the misuse (I think) of QM in cognition, like assuming consciousness reduces the wave packet. Although there is arguably a first person indeterminacy in QM (without collapse), it should be recovered from the arithmetical (or comp) first person indeterminacy (if my UDA point is without flaw).

Bruno

Richard