On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:31:41 PM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>> >
>> > On 23 Jan 2013, at 23:50, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>> Arithmetical truth is a sort of block-brains-in-a-vat
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> This is what I mean by the term "Quantum Mind"
>> >> I think of the Quantum Mind as a Block Metaverse
>> >> containing all possible universes which is timeless
>> >> since everything in the MWI Metaverse is known
>> >> to first order like the trajectories of the galacies,
>> >> stars and planets. and probably all cosmic events like supernovae.
>> >> As you say, I think, it is first person uncertainty that forces
>> >> what I call the Quantum   Mind to recalculate the future
>> >> and therefore time is introduced.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > OK. You might still look a little bit like assuming some physical
>> > reality,
>> > which cannot be done if we want extract a theory of both quanta and
>> > qualia.
>> > It can be done in the meta-theory, but not in the theory itself.
>> >
>> > The terming "quantum mind" has (bad, imo) connotations related to the
>> > misuse
>> > (I think) of QM in cognition, like assuming consciousness reduces the
>> > wave
>> > packet.
>> > Although there is arguably a first person indeterminacy in QM (without
>> > collapse), it should be recovered from the arithmetical (or comp) first
>> > person indeterminacy (if my UDA point is without flaw).
>> >
>> > Bruno
>>
>> Well now that gets us back to my original question,
>> is it possible that arithmetics created matter
>> in the beginning, whatever that means,
>> and that matter evolved according
>>  to arithmetic predictions since then
>> (so to speak as time may not exist)?
>
>
> Couldn't we substitute anything for matter? How is it falsifiable?
>
>>

Of course, but we know that matter exists. Perhaps force and energy or
even consciousness should be included along with the original creation
of matter.

I do not think it is falsifiable, that arithmetics created matter.
But Bruno seems to think that it is.
>>
>>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >> Richard
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> Groups
>> >> "Everything List" group.
>> >> To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> For more options, visit this group at
>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>> >>
>> >
>> > http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups
>> > "Everything List" group.
>> > To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>> >
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/bTcZo_xh380J.
>
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to