On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:04:05AM +0100, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
> > Yeah, welcome to the list Russell.
> >
> > So question of energy has no place in a TOE? Can you point me towards
> some
> > examples (TOE's that are mute on energy/force and such things) ?
>
> The link posted was not about the physical concept of energy, but
> rather about one of Elon Musk's ideas for transport.

... tied directly to the question of how Musk would realize this
proposition of a hyperloop based on solar energy.

I was guessing that physicists and engineers reading this list on TOE,
might have some sort of idea about say "limits and potential for maglev" or
some other technology to do this.

> Also, what is the question of energy? Why are you interested in TOEs
> that are mute on the subject of energy? Such a theory would hardly be
> a theory of everything!

My point exactly: Why is a scientific question, regarding possible
technology, directly linked to an indispensable part of any TOE out of
topic?

If you can speculate plausibly with a variant of QM, string, comp, some
engineering background etc. how Musk could pull this off, then I'd be all
ears. Thanks for clarifying that part.

PGC

-----