On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 05:35:01PM +0100, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
> Russell,
> Sorry to be blunt: Energy is part of TOEs, so the tech as well as the myths
> and beliefs that frame that tech are TOE relevant, more so than many posts
> I see here.
> FYI: Musk gets his ideas "in the shower and at burning man" + he turned
> down Ivy PhD because he could see then, that it was "a waste of time".
> I think I'll be checking out his reading list and have to put your Book,
> papers and TOE on indefinite hold for the time being.
> ------

Brent answered this post sarcastically, but since the sarcasm may be
lost on you, I'll spell it out. The whole purpose of this list
is to discuss ensemble theories of everything. There are other types
of TOEs, which may be of interest in passing. Energy, as a physical
concept, may be relevant in some discussion, much of physics could be
construed to be.

But policy items, such as energy policy, (and the hyperloop post is actually
more about transport policy than energy policy) is well and truly

BTW - I happen to have great respect for Musk, and his visionary goals
for space exploration, as well as ground transportation. But he is not
relevant to the topic of "ensemble theories of everything".

Principal, High Performance Coders