On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 05:35:01PM +0100, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
> > Russell,
> >
> > Sorry to be blunt: Energy is part of TOEs, so the tech as well as the
> myths
> > and beliefs that frame that tech are TOE relevant, more so than many
> posts
> > I see here.
> >
> > FYI: Musk gets his ideas "in the shower and at burning man" + he turned
> > down Ivy PhD because he could see then, that it was "a waste of time".
> >
> > I think I'll be checking out his reading list and have to put your Book,
> > papers and TOE on indefinite hold for the time being.
> >
> > PGC
> > ------
> >

> Brent answered this post sarcastically, but since the sarcasm may be
> lost on you, I'll spell it out.

Not lost. Merely not relevant to the original question.

> The whole purpose of this list
> is to discuss ensemble theories of everything. There are other types
> of TOEs, which may be of interest in passing. Energy, as a physical
> concept, may be relevant in some discussion, much of physics could be
> construed to be.
>
> But policy items, such as energy policy, (and the hyperloop post is
> actually
> more about transport policy than energy policy) is well and truly
> off-topic.

I understand but beg to differ, to the extent that every "policy item" is
nested in rational and/or irrational frames and foundations; with their
peculiar logics and primitives. I believe I made my position clear on this
in previous posts, but this is irrelevant here as I guess relevance is
mostly in the memory/beliefs of the beholder.

Your choice and Brent's... Out of my hand, unless of course I worked to
construe things enough, say with imbrication of energy and transport +
hyperloop nested in blend of materialism and idealism + Standard Model +
acceleration of consciousness increasingly freeing itself from physical
restraint of time and space through physics etc., but I don't mind because
I don't even know why I'd want that.

I merely had the question on technical feasibility.

BTW - I happen to have great respect for Musk, and his visionary goals
> for space exploration, as well as ground transportation. But he is not
> relevant to the topic of "ensemble theories of everything".

This wasn't a poll on or about Musk. Merely technical "how would that loop
thing be possible"; (today I learned "no rails", which killed my jet
propelled maglev hunch. I'm still betting "x + jet tech" though :) Assuming
of course Musk isn't BS on this.)

Look, I don't care to convince that the problem "what kind of tech +
physics or theories would make hyperloop with this limited spec of
information possible" be construed to be anything more than a question in a
sea of questions. It just interests me and so I ask because there are
interesting characters here. That simple. Nobody has to answer, nor has
there to be any type of discussion or condescending sarcasm. Delete all you
wish without worry.

PGC

----