On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:13:19 AM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Craig Weinberg 
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>> 
> wrote: 
> > 
> > 
> > On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:03:04 PM UTC-5, yanniru wrote: 
> >> 
> >> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com> 
> >> wrote: 
> >> > 
> >> > 
> >> > On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:39:40 PM UTC-5, yanniru wrote: 
> >> >> 
> >> >> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Stathis Papaioannou 
> >> >> <stat...@gmail.com> 
> >> >> wrote: 
> >> >> > On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Richard Ruquist <yan...@gmail.com> 
>
> >> >> > wrote: 
> >> >> >> A block universe does not allow for consciousness. 
> >> >> >> The fact the we all possess consciousness, so we think, 
> >> >> >> means that our universe is not completely blocked, 
> >> >> >> although the deviations from "block" may be minor 
> >> >> >> and inconsequential regarding the Omega Point. 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > Why do you say this? It isn't at all obvious. 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> It is to me. I think it is very unlikely that the motions and 
> >> >> evolutions of star and galaxies and in my model even universes could 
> >> >> be strongly affected by biological consciousness 
> >> > 
> >> > 
> >> > Isn't it unlikely that anything can be affected by consciousness 
> though? 
> >> > (Yet... tappity tappity tap) 
> >> > 
> >> Craig, You are pulling my leg. 
> >> You just reversed yourself. 
> >> It's quite like Bruno saying 
> >> he does not quantum mind. 
> >> I take it as a badge of honor 
> >> that either of you resort 
> >> to such silliness.Richard 
> > 
> > 
> > If your only objection is that it seems silly to you, then you are the 
> one 
> > who is pulling my leg. While I would not suggest that an individual 
> > organism, in the context of gazillions of organisms, would have some 
> > influence over a galaxy of hundreds of billions of stars, but that is a 
> > matter of scale and relation, not necessarily physics. By physics, in 
> fact, 
> > one person walking can be said to be manipulating the gravity of the 
> Earth 
> > as much as they are a prisoner of the Earth's gravity. We can jump in 
> the 
> > air as well. With a little rocket science... well even the vast scale 
> > difference doesn't keep us from using our own private motive to directly 
> > oppose our expectations of public inertia. 
> > 
> > My point is not to invoke a quantum mind though, it is to invoke an end 
> to 
> > both quantum and mind as literal entities. What is literal and real is 
> > sensory-motor participation (not limited to biology or humanity of 
> course). 
> > 
> > Craig 
>
> You will please excuse me if I no longer respond to your senseless 
> comments. 
>

I would never excuse someone for intellectuaal cowardice and false 
accusation.

Craig 

>
>
>
> >> >> 
> >> >> 
> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> > Stathis Papaioannou 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> >> >> > Groups "Everything List" group. 
> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
> >> >> > send 
> >> >> > an email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> >> > Visit this group at 
> >> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en. 
> >> >> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. 
> >> >> > 
> >> >> > 
> >> > 
> >> > -- 
> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> >> > Groups 
> >> > "Everything List" group. 
> >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
> send 
> >> > an 
> >> > email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> > To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com. 
> >> > Visit this group at 
> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en. 
> >> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. 
> >> > 
> >> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups 
> > "Everything List" group. 
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
> an 
> > email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>. 
> > To post to this group, send email to 
> > everyth...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>. 
>
> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en. 
>
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. 
> > 
> > 
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to