Hi Alberto G. Corona

Does your version of mind actually do anything ?

From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-02-02, 04:43:54
Subject: Re: Re: Lessons from the Block Universe

I do think that a block universe can contain minds in a certain way. The
objections against that are based in the absence of time, but space(3D
geometry) and time can and should be a product of the machinery of the mind, in
the kantian sense. But while in Kant things in themselves are unreachable, in
the block universe the thing in themselves are pure mathematics. so there are
infinite minds at different moments that produce psychological phenomenons in
coherence with the infinite sucession of brains along their lines of life, that
are perceived psychologicaly as time. these brains and living beings, are
localy perceived as products of natural selection, but seen from above, their
lines of life are just trajectories where, by fortunate collisions of
particles, chemical and electrical signals, the entropy is exceptionally
maintained constant (until the end of the line of life)

But the minds are somehow in another world, the world of the mind, which
includes not only our thoughs but everithing we see around us, because
everithing the mind see is produced by the machinery of the brain. Then the
block universe of mathematics brings only the coherent substrate where the
world of the mind can appear by evolution. Because it is a world with laws and
rules, given by the mathematical nature behind, it is not a collection of
boltzmann brains, or, if it is, they are a extraordinary persistent and
coherent form of it so that it appear to contain laws of nature and shared
experiences, because we can ask ourselves and communicate and agree, on these
laws and these experiences.