On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:22:25 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

> Perhaps I have misinterpreted what I hear on the news,
>   maybe I'm just paranoid, but...
>
> The president has said that the internet is a RIGHT,
> so everyone must have it, which means to
> him of course that the govt must supply the country with
> wi-fi. I suspect that that will put internet suppliers
> out of business, so you will sign on to the new
> govt-controlled internet.

If we had thought about it the way you do, there would be no electric grid.
We could all support private contractor's right to profit on consumer's
having to carry around batteries or else try to find an available electric
outlet supplied by your vendor.

As for putting internet suppliers out of business, who do you mean? Time
Warner? Verizon? Hahah. Who do you think will be handling any government
internet programs? Who will be doing 100% of the consulting and drafting of
plans?

Craig