On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:53:22 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      ISTM that purpose is a 1p, so to ask the question in a 3p sense is
> to make it meaningless.

Yeah, I don't see how noting that the 3p mechanism of probabilistic
replication implies any 1p significance.

Things replicate. Some replications persist for longer than others. So
what? What is the purpose of persistence? How did the principles of
probability and and repetition evolve or appear?

Craig