On 06 Feb 2013, at 19:04, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not claiming that intelligence == mind.

> Do you believe that your fellow human beings have minds? If so why?

> Yes (weakly).

You believe that only weakly?! Do you really think there is a 49% chance that you are the only conscious being in the universe? By the way, I don't believe other people have minds when they are sleeping or under anesthesia or dead because when they are in those states they don't behave very intelligently.

> Occam's razor. If I'm the only human being with a mind, then, for some mysterious reason, there are two types of human beings: me (with a mind) and the others (zombies). So heuristically I'm inclined to believe that all human beings have a mind,

OK, but if you also believe in Darwin's theory of Evolution then you must also believe that consciousness MUST be a byproduct of intelligence because Evolution can't directly see consciousness any better than we can and so cannot select for it, and yet you and probably other people are conscious.

This not valid. You don't need to believe in any religion to see why that point is just not valid.

Bruno

Thus you must also believe that if a computer is intelligent then it is conscious. Then you must also believe that intelligence == mind.

> although I know I will never be able to prove it.

I agree on that point.

  John K Clark