On 2/8/2013 3:19 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

    Well, while going from Telmo to the cat, you're rigth that Telmo memories
should be
    erased, the inverse is not true. Why couldn't you be back as Telmo + the
memories of
    having been a cat ?

Hi Quentin,

Because that would require that I had write-only access to my human memories while being a cat. I don't think that's possible. For example, to store the memories on how a cat feels about climbing a tree, I would have to access my human representation of a tree to connect the memories to it, but accessing my human representation of a tree would spoil my cat experience.

An interesting question. In people with multiple personalities the memories may go only one way, Eve-2 remembers what Eve-1 experiences but not vice versa; but of course they are still human memories.