2013/2/8 Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> How?
>>>

>> Add a controller to an hard disk which only answer to write request and
>> return nothing for read request...
>>

> Ok, explain the algorithm of that write operation to me. Remember that
> you're not allowed to read.

I just did, your controller only acknowledge write request, and does
nothing on read request.. ===> write only. What's your point ?

>> Don't forget that write only is only for the POV of the cat in our
>> thought experiment...
>>

> But how can I then, as Telmo, possibly access those memories? They are
> completely disconnected from my personal diary and context.

Why not ? Do you have definite proof of what is consciousness, how memory
works, how you can do the thought experiment ? If you don't then, that's
just premature useless at this stage technical argument.

>>  write-only does not have to be for everybody. But it's still a technical
>> disgression and it is discussing the number of angels on a pin for now.
>>

> I think it's a deep question.

It's not unless you have good working knowledge of the question.