On 2/8/2013 1:18 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 2/8/2013 3:19 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

        Well, while going from Telmo to the cat, you're rigth that Telmo
memories
        should be erased, the inverse is not true. Why couldn't you be back as
Telmo +
        the memories of having been a cat ?

    Hi Quentin,

    Because that would require that I had write-only access to my human
memories while
    being a cat. I don't think that's possible. For example, to store the
memories on
    how a cat feels about climbing a tree, I would have to access my human
    representation of a tree to connect the memories to it, but accessing my
human
    representation of a tree would spoil my cat experience.

    An interesting question.  In people with multiple personalities the
memories may go
    only one way, Eve-2 remembers what Eve-1 experiences but not vice versa;
but of
    course they are still human memories.

How does Eve-2 remember Eve-1's experiences? As if she was Eve-1 or as if she was watching a movie? And how does each personality remember popping in and out of existence? Do they feel they felt assleep or that they were suddenly teleported?

As I understand the case histories, Eve-2 remembers what Eve-1 did as if she were a detached observer but one who can observe inner thoughts, as novelists often write from the internal viewpoint of a character. Eve-1 doesn't even know of the existence of Eve-2 and has gaps in her memory as if asleep or anesthetized.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
email to

No virus found in this message.