On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:46:26 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  [SPK wrote: ]I like the idea of a Matrix universe exactly for that
>> reason; it takes resources to 'run' it. No free lunch, even for universes!!!
>>

> You can still have the idea of resources if the universe isn't a
> simulation though. No particular diffraction tree within the supreme monad
> can last as long as the Absolute diffraction, so the clock is always
> running and every motive carries risk.
>

>     Right, but since we do have the resources, why not assume that the
> Matrix is up and running on them already?

I don't see the advantage of a Matrix running on a non-Matrix vs just a
non-Matrix totality though.

> The fun thing is that if we have both then we have a nice solution to both
> the mind (for matter) and body (for comp) problems. There can be no
> 'supreme monad' as such would be equivalent to a preferred frame and basis.
> The totality of all that exists is not a hierarchy, it is a fractal network.

The supreme monad is just everything which is undiffracted, i.e. the single
thread that the whole tapestry of tapestries is made of...which is itself
one giant (or infinitesimally small) tapestry seed. Size isn't relevant
because size is part of the tapestry, not the thread.

Craig