On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:17:08 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:52:21 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>>
>> On 2/14/2013 6:08 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>> > I don't think there are any models or systems at all. Not physically.
>> > There are only presentations and re-presentations. Habits and inertia.
>>
>>      I agree, they cannot be "physical" at all, they are representations
>> not things-in-themselves (objects). The trick is to see the difference
>> between the general properties of representations and objects while not
>> thinking of they as separable. For any object there exist at least one
>> representation and for every representation there exists at least one
>> object. This sets up the isomorphism of the Stone duality.
>>

> I'm on board with that, but I think to complete the picture, both the
> subjective representations (models) and objective representations (objects)
> should be understood to exist only through subjective presentations
> (sense). The isomorphism of the Stone duality requires sense to relate
> topologies to algebras, i.e. they don't relate to each other directly and
> independently of an observer. The duality is a reflection of the observer's
> capacity to observe.
>
> Craig
>

>     OK, let's take it to the next step. Let us agree that "they don't
> relate to each other directly and independently of an observer", they being
> represented as X and Y. Does this require that there does not exist an
> observer Z than can see both of X's and Y's total world lines
> simultaneously? If the world line of Z is longer than that of X and Y by
> some number then they would be able to communicate directly (well you know
> what I mean) and thus be able to come to some complete agreement that Z
> knows all about X and Y.
>     Could Z be said to 'know' a representation of the life and times of X
> and Y?

Like to you (Z), I am histories of experiences which are associated with me
(Y) and I am a body which is located right now in a house in North Carolina
(X). Your Y is private, but your X is much more public - I am a body in a
house in NC to any Z who is a person, dog, cat, etc. Not to a plant really,
or a molecule, to those distant kinds of Z, I don't exist at all.

Everyone's XY for me put together adds up to basically (Absolute minus Z).
My Z is what is being borrowed from the Absolute inertial frame
temporarily, and my XY is the like shadow that it casts. It's complicated
of course, because all of the X, Y, and Z feedback multiple loops on each
other too. Very pretzely.

Craig