On Fri, Feb 15, 2013  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

*>>> *Wouldn’t Simulated Intelligence be a more appropriate term than
>>> Artificial Intelligence?

>> might make the last human being feel a little better about himself just
>> before the Jupiter Brain outsmarted him and sent him into oblivion
>> forever.
>>

> > Then we had better destroy every circuit on Earth to prevent that from
> happening.

If we did that at least 90% of the world's population would be dead within
a year. Planet Earth simply cannot keep 7 billion people alive with 17'th
century technology, much less give them a living standard that wasn't full
of sewage and was just plane gruesome. We're long past the point of turning
back, the path is set.

>> What on earth is obsolete about the natural verses man-made dichotomy?
>> The Jupiter brain really was the product of a intelligent designer while
>> the human being was not.
>>

> > But the intelligent designer was the product of nature.

Exactly, and that's why the God hypothesis is so utterly useless; if
explaining why life exists is hard explaining why God exists is harder.

  John K Clark