On 15 Feb 2013, at 22:14, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:20:12 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 13 Feb 2013, at 23:37, Stephen P. King wrote, to Craig Weinberg

Baudrillard is not talking about consciousness in particular, only the sum of whatever is in the original which is not accessible in the copy. His phrase 'profound reality' is apt though. If you don't experience a profound reality, then you might be a p-zombie already.

    Right!

Right?

Here Craig is on the worst slope. It looks almost like " if *you* believe that a machine is not a zombie, it means that you are a zombie yourself".

No, I was saying that if you don't believe that your own experience is profoundly real, then you are a zombie yourself.

I remain anxious because you seem to believe that a computer cannot support a profoundly real person experience.

They will persecuted the machines and the humans having a different opinion altogether.

Craig reassure me. he is willing to offer steak to my sun in law (who get an artificial brain before marriage).

But with Baudrillard, not only my sun in law might no more get his steak, but neither my daughter! Brr...

Hahaha. How about your son in law gets a simulation of steak which is beneath his substitution level?

He will be completely satisfied. Thanks for him.

Even better, I just hack into his hardware and move one of his memories of eating steak up on the stack so it seems very recent.

Again, he will be completely satisfied. But my daughter will be sad, as she want to enjoy eating the meal together with him.

Is your brother in law racist against simulated steaks as memory implants?

Not at all. Since he got an artificial brain, he uploaded already many entire lives from the CGSN (Cluster-Galactica-Super-Net), and I have to ask him to restrain himself, as I am the one paying the bill :)

You know, in 43867 after JC, they will succeed in recovering the brain- state of any existing human states, just by looking of the tiny actions of their brain on the environment. We always leave traces. You will be download, for the first time, in 44886, for example. It is bad news, as all the humans having existed before 33000 (+/-) will be freely downloadable. After that date, most humans will got sophisticated quantum keys protecting them from such possible futures. That why some researcher will say, that with comp, we have the solution of who go in hell and who go in heaven. All humans having live before 33000 go to hell, and all the infinitely many others go to heaven. Of course this is still a rather gross simplification, and it concerns only the minority who want explore and pursue the Samsara exploration.

Bruno

Craig