On 2/18/2013 11:03 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 2/18/2013 11:47 AM, Terren Suydam wrote:

    If God is arithmetical truth, then what if anything is there to be said
about its
    "character"? I know from a formal perspective the answer is nothing, because
    nothing formal can be said about truth.

    This is more of an informal question, and comes out of my innate desire
    to anthropomorphize.

    Why would you suppose that your desire to anthropomorphize is anything
other than
    wishful thinking?  Do you also have a desire to anthropormorphize the
periodic
    table?  the solar system?  the infinitesimal calculus?

Within comp, there are many minds that have infinite computations resources at their disposal. They can evolve forever, and approach infinite intelligence and knowledge.

You're just making this up. The evidence is that smarter people tend to have fewer children and so evolution doesn't necessary favor intelligence. It is also quite possible that evolution always leads to a stage of species growth which so exploits the environment of its planet that is goes extinct within a few hundred thousand years.

They all explore the same mathematical truth and thus having the same data (that of mathematical truth they explore) together with near infinite intelligence, they are almost never wrong on any question or matter. Thus, despite possibly different origins, they are all of a like mind, opinion, and possibly character. The number of fundamental questions on which these super intelligence disagree goes towards zero as their intelligence goes towards infinity.

With infinite computational power, these God-like super intelligences have the power to save other beings (regardless of what universe the other being hails from). These God-minds are in a position to help, and thus responsible for the outcome if they fail to act. There is much suffering of conscious beings in the physical universes. With infinite computing power at their disposal, these super intelligences can determine re-create any conscious being from the moment of its physical death and ressurect it to a existence of that being's desires. This is not to say this is what they would do, but if it is the right decision to make, then nearly all super-intelligences will agree it is the right thing to do and will do it.

Right by whose measure? If God doesn't love me and mine why should I care what he loves? When people talk about God-minds deciding what is right I reach for my gun.

In this sense, there can be a anthropomorphic character to mathematical truth, which comes into existence an infinite number of times and ways but in most appearances, behaves similarly to all its other incarnations.

Brent
Peter: What would you say if I told you that the universe is
the creation of an all powerful, all knowing being, who commands
our obedience and worship.
Curls: I'd say you were about to take up a collection.
      --- Johnny Hart, in B.C.