On 2/19/2013 12:26 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com <mailto:yann...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:
    >> On 2/18/2013 11:47 AM, Terren Suydam wrote:
    >> If God is arithmetical truth, then what if anything is there to
    be said
    >> about its "character"? I know from a formal perspective the
    answer is
    >> nothing, because nothing formal can be said about truth.
    >> This is more of an informal question, and comes out of my
    innate desire to
    >> anthropomorphize.
    >> Why would you suppose that your desire to anthropomorphize is
    >> other than wishful thinking?  Do you also have a desire to
    >> the periodic table?  the solar system?  the infinitesimal calculus?
    > Within comp, there are many minds that have infinite
    computations resources
    > at their disposal.  They can evolve forever, and approach infinite
    > intelligence and knowledge.  They all explore the same
    mathematical truth
    > and thus having the same data (that of mathematical truth they
    > together with near infinite intelligence, they are almost never
    wrong on any
    > question or matter.  Thus, despite possibly different origins,
    they are all
    > of a like mind, opinion, and possibly character.  The number of
    > questions on which these super intelligence disagree goes
    towards zero as
    > their intelligence goes towards infinity.

    If our universe is holographic, the computational resources are
    limited to the Lloyd Limit of 10^120 bits, with a maximum possible
    10^122 bits
    Ref: http://arxiv.org/ftp/astro-ph/papers/0602/0602420.pdf

I was not proposing that our universe could support infinite computational resources, but that some other universes might, and intelligent beings/civilizations in those universes are unbounded.

Hi Jason,

Would you care to speculate whether or not those demi-gods (in other universes that have access to infinite resources) would have Platonist theories of mathematics?