On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>wrote:

>  On 2/19/2013 12:26 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> desire to

>> anthropormorphize
>> >>

>> > Within comp, there are many minds that have infinite computations
>> resources
>> > at their disposal.  They can evolve forever, and approach infinite
>> > intelligence and knowledge.  They all explore the same mathematical
>> truth
>> > and thus having the same data (that of mathematical truth they explore)
>> > together with near infinite intelligence, they are almost never wrong
>> on any
>> > question or matter.  Thus, despite possibly different origins, they are
>> all
>> > of a like mind, opinion, and possibly character.  The number of
>> fundamental
>> > questions on which these super intelligence disagree goes towards zero
>> as
>> > their intelligence goes towards infinity.
>>
>>  If our universe is holographic, the computational resources are
>> limited to the Lloyd Limit of 10^120 bits, with a maximum possible
>> 10^122 bits
>> Ref: http://arxiv.org/ftp/astro-ph/papers/0602/0602420.pdf
>>

> I was not proposing that our universe could support infinite computational
> resources, but that some other universes might, and intelligent
> beings/civilizations in those universes are unbounded.
>
> Jason
>  --
>
> Hi Jason,
>
>     Would you care to speculate whether or not those demi-gods (in other
> universes that have access to infinite resources) would have Platonist
> theories of mathematics?

Any question to me of the form "Do I think the demi-gods will believe X",
boils down to "Do I think X is correct?".  I think you know where I stand
on Platonist theories of mathematics.  Whether or not the demi-gods also
believe it mostly depends on whether its correct or if it has more credence
than the other alternatives.

Jason