On Sat, Feb 23, 2013  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "it's just blather." = ad hominem

It is not ad hominem if it really is blather. I would define "blather" as a
sound or a sequence of ASCII symbols with zero informational content
because it means nothing, as in a burp, or because it means something self
contradictory, such as "free will" or "X is not random or deterministic".

A statement presented without justification, like "computers can never be
conscious like you and I are" is not blather, just dull and dumb.

  John K Clark