On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>It is not ad hominem if it really is blather. I would define "blather"
>> as a sound or a sequence of ASCII symbols with zero informational content
>> because it means nothing, as in a burp, or because it means something self
>> contradictory, such as "free will" or "X is not random or deterministic".
>>

> > Translation: Anything that I don't agree with makes no sense and whoever
> says these things is subject to my ad hominem comments in lieu of valid
> criticism.

It is a basic law of logic that if X is not Y and X is not not Y then X is
gibberish, and so obviously anyone asserting X is speaking gibberish. So if
free will is not random and free will is not not random, or alternately if
free will is not deterministic and free will is not not deterministic then
free will is gibberish, and so obviously anyone asserting free will has
abandoned logic and is speaking gibberish. And it's not ad hominem if it's
true.

  John K Clark