On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> >> It is a basic law of logic that if X is not Y and X is not not Y then X
>> is gibberish,
>>

> > X = alcohol   Y = poison.
> becomes "alcohol is not poison and alcohol isn't not poison"

Exactly, and 2 negatives, like "isn't not" cancel each other out so you
get  "alcohol is not a poison and alcohol is a poison" which is gibberish
just like I said.

> > If there were no free will then nobody could choose to assert anything,
> abandon anything, or speak anything other than gibberish.

Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII symbols "free will" mean.

>> And it's not ad hominem if it's true.
>>

>  > Why would it make a difference whether your personal accusations are
> true or not?

It would mean that I did not engage in name calling. What I actually said
was that ASCII symbols with zero informational content ( like X is Y and X
is not Y) is just blather, you're the one who equated blather with ad
hominem; apparently you identify with blather and feel that a attack on
blather is a attack on you personally.

  John K Clark