Suddenly, everybody was astonished to realise that this has already happened.
The Engineers expressly designed the human neocortex so we could get this far
and this far only. As Kurzweil says - we only need a brain smart enough to get
us to the point where we can design a better brain. We are now entering that
place historically. If we want to go farther in our thinking ability, we now
have to redesign the brain with better systems. We will probably do this
increasingly by merging with our machines; well machines can merge with
machines, right? Evolution be buggered. We are in a place of proximal learning
sensitivity. The next step takes us into transhumanism.

Kim Jones