On Friday, March 1, 2013 10:23:24 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 01 Mar 2013, at 01:11, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> On Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:37:50 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
>>
>>  On 2/28/2013 1:50 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>
>> You have no way of knowing what I can't know about you either.
>>

>> You have no way of knowing what ways I have of knowing what you know
>> about what ways John knows of having ways of knowing about what you can
>> know...either. :-)
>>
>> Brent
>> blather, n. strings of words in the form of assertions having no testable
>> consequences.
>>

> Calling it blather doesn't change the fact that you can't make an
> omniscient claim against someone else's non-omniscience.
>

> You are the one claiming knowing that all machines cannot think.

I don't know that all machines cannot think, but I understand why the
reasons for assuming that they ever could are rooted in bad assumptions
from the start. If we don't what consciousness actually is and what it
does, then we skip the important part and reverse engineer a false
confidence in unconscious programs.

Craig