On 3/3/2013 12:37 AM, Terren Suydam wrote:
Hi,

When Bruno claims that physics can be derived from the UD, would a proof of that represent, on some level, a (partial) solution to the measure problem?

Terren
--
Hi Terren,

It would seem so, or more accurately the other-way around. I just found this paper <http://fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Tong_integers.pdf> which has as an abstract:

"I review how discrete structures, embodied in the integers, appear in
the laws of physics, from quantum mechanics to statistical mechanics to the Standard Model. I argue that the integers are emergent. If we are looking to build the future laws of physics, discrete mathematics is no better a starting point than the rules of
scrabble."

--
Onward!

Stephen