On 3/6/2013 1:45 PM, John Clark wrote:
"I just saw the movie "Beowulf", it's a pretty good movie but what is of interest is the stunning advance in animation achieved by good old Moore's Law. There were times when I could swear I was looking at a real human being not something a computer produced. However there is something puzzling, all the voices in the movie were still made by human beings. An innocent might think that as video is a much higher bandwidth media than audio video would be harder to simulate than audio, but apparently that is not the case."

A small point. The human ear + brain is actually a better statistical decision engine than the eye + brain. Making good CG sound requires that the human ear be fooled... hard to do...

--
Onward!

Stephen