A machine can accept sign and yield alteration of

its configuration (add to its parts, delete from its

parts but most of all alter the complexity of its

parts and their arrangement) such that the machine

develops its ability to:

1.       accept sign - one yield you did not consider

2.       increase the complexity of constructs - another

yield you did not consider

3.       acquire Turing competence from incompetence - a

third yield you did not consider

wrb