On 3/7/2013 11:37 PM, Terren Suydam wrote:
Ah. That's above my pay grade unfortunately. But I don't think our immediate failure to solve that problem dooms the idea that a cat's experience of the world is explainable in terms of mechanism. Conversely, even if we did solve it, there would still be doubts. For the time being, comp remains for me the most fruitful assumption about reality, such as it is. It assumes so little and opens up such incredible vistas.

Terren

Hi,

I agree. I think that it becomes more open to applications once it is aligned with, say, David Chalmers and Ben Goertzel's ideas. I am interested in applications <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk>. ;-)