On Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:13:55 AM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
> An automatic pilot only controls the plane to the extent that it extends
> human intentions to control the plane. The automatic pilot can just as
> easily be set to crash the plane into a mountain as soon as possible and it
> won't know the difference or care.
> So that proves that people who commit suicide aren't conscious...?

No, it says nothing about the consciousness of people who intentionally
commit suicide. I don't see the connection. People commit suicide because
the experience of living their lives is qualitatively intolerable, not
because they have a programming error and can't tell the the difference
between killing themselves and not killing themselves. An automatic pilot
is incapable of committing suicide.