On Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:39:50 PM UTC-4, stathisp wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > sorry, that was the wrong link: http://s33light.org/post/44836667412 is
> the
> > right one
>
> What you don't address in that list is the specific criticism I have made:

No, I did:

"Nothing that I propose here can be construed as contradicting any natural
observation. Not only do my ideas about the relation between body and mind
or matter and sense not require any additional force within public physics,
but they explicitly avoid it by definition. My interpretation is a
commentary on the umbilical-symmetric-nested nature of the relation of
public bodies and private experience, not a squeezing of private experience
into public mechanics. If you cannot grasp this concept, I suggest that you
stop reading now. You will never be able to understand Multisense Realism
and you will be wasting your time to go on."

1. According to physics as we know it, everything in the universe
> follows mechanistic rules.

Physics as we know it does not include consciousness in any way, therefore
it is incomplete. What it covers is complete, but the context of the big
picture is not.

> 2. You don't believe biological systems such as brains follow mechanistic
> rules.

I believe that whatever rules there are follow the physical reality of
consciousness. What this entails is a private view which can be described
as intentional and qualitative and a public view which can be described as
unintentional and quantitative. (I think it's really a continuum which like
a spectrum from one to the other, but to keep it simple, I say two views).

> 3. So where is the experimental evidence for this?

Our own experience it the only evidence necessary and the only evidence
possible.

Craig