Hi,

  I agree with 99% of the following. From: http://www.capurro.de/trialog.htm

"Is there any possibility of a unified theory of information which
includes "Capurro's trilemma" as a constituent element of it, and not as
something to be eliminated or "solved"? Well, this is a difficult
question. Maybe we should take a look at the metaphysics of Leibniz.
Leibniz considers reality to have two aspects, namely "monads" and
matter. There are no monads without matter (except God),and vice-versa.
Monads and matter are folded into the different levels of reality in an
infinitely complicated way. This means that it is not possible for us to
have a "true" view of all the "steps" faced by unfolding (or
"evolution"). This means, roughly speaking, that we are faced with
infinite concepts of information, something which cannot be overlooked
by any kind of theory. But on the other hand, when we are using
different concepts of information, we can metaphysically presuppose that
they are equivocal, or that our analogies are not completely false,
without ever really knowing which is the real or true "primum
analogatum". In other words, from the point of view of our finite
reason, a unified theory of information has to learn how to "play" with
equivocity, analogy and univocity, thus keeping the trilemma in mind -
as a chance!"
--
Onward!

Stephen