On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:14:00 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013  Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
> > Your view is that emotion must be local to the brain
>>

> There is no other logical conclusion to make given the FACT that if your
> brain chemistry changes your emotions change, AND if your emotions change
> your brain chemistry changes.

So if I type comments on my computer and I see your answers on my computer,
then there is no other logical conclusion to make than that you live in my
computer.

> > There is no evidence to support the locality of emotional experience to
>> neurochemistry, only that access to such experience is modulated locally.
>>

> Modulated locally? OK so the brain neurochemistry can "modulate" happiness
> into sadness and love into hate and fear into calm and consciousness into
> unconsciousness, and all Santa Clauses workshop provides is a blank generic
> carrier wave. It sounds to me like Santa Clauses workshop is not very
> important and is in fact a bit of a bore.

My computer shows your words and letters. It modulates your comments and
meanings. So all you provide is a blank generic carrier wave for my
computer to give form.

>> > so I am trying to ask what role would it possibly serve. How can we
>> justify its existence other than just saying "Evolution did it".
>>

> Well that's enough because Evolution most certainly did do it,

Because Evolution is God?

> and given the fact that Evolution can only see behavior and not
> consciousness the only logical conclusion to make is that consciousness
> must be the byproduct of something that Evolution can see, and intelligence
> seems to be the best bet.

Except that intelligence could not benefit in any way by consciousness.

>>> then yes the computer couldn't tell if it was audio or video, but then
>>> neither could you.
>>>

>> > I can tell if it has video or audio qualities because I experience them
>> directly with human perception.
>>

> Baloney. If "IT HAS ZERO TO DO with video or audio qualities" then neither
> you nor anybody or anything can tell if it is audio or video because it is
> neither. IT HAS ZERO AUDIO OR VIDEO QUALITIES!

The file has no audio or video qualities, but certainly hearing music has
audio qualities and seeing a video has video qualities. The point is that
the computer can neither see or hear, and all that a camera or microphone
does is convert video or audio phenomena into generic data for the blind,
deaf, senseless computer.

Craig