On Friday, March 15, 2013 1:28:45 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> > On Friday, March 15, 2013 1:07:19 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:
> >>
> >>  Craig thinks his theory mind is perfectly compatible with physics
> >> because he thinks physics is different from what all those stupid
> >> physicists think it is.  They just don't know about his top-down
> physics,
> >> which no one has observed but which he *directly experiences* and
> therefore
> >> *just knows he's right*.  Give it up John, Stathis.  There's no point
> >> arguing with cranks and mystics.
> >>

> > I can't hear you, there's just some kind of deterministic neurological
> > phenomenon babbling out its evolutionarily inevitable flatulence.
> >
> > Craig
> Hi Craig,
>         LOL, right on. "Please Sir, can you be consistent with your own
> claims?" Seriously! This is the trap that materialist fall in everyday,
> the neglect that their statements mean things that can be contradicted
> by physical facts and the converse is true as well.
>         Languaging - the active use of language - cannot be said to be
> coherent
> in its intensionality if it contradicts the means to make languaging! If
> we are deterministic systems then there is no room for meaningfulness of
> utterances.

Exactly. It is interesting also in that it seems to be like one of those
ambiguous images, in that as long as people are focused on one fixed idea
of reality, they are honestly incapable of seeing any other, even if they
themselves are sitting on top of it.

What's frustrating for me though, is that these accusations of nonsense
physics are the wrong criticism of my ideas. Since there is no
physiological difference between the way that a voluntary action and an
involuntary action initiates in the nervous system, these accusations that
voluntary action would violate physics are also accusations on any kind of
action initiating in the nervous system. The argument seems to be that the
nervous system can only be entirely passive since physical forces are rigid
and tend toward equilibrium. So much for growth, reproduction, struggling
to survive, defying gravity by standing upright...the entire biological
universe is witchcraft!