Hi Roger,

Very interesting. I was born in the town of Bristol, Connecticut, no
doubt named after your middle name.
I will consult your genealogy.

However, I am a mere first-generation American,
descended from Swedish emmigrants and a French American mother.

So I am half firs- generation American. My French ancestry goes back
to the trappers on the plains of Quebec.

On my fathers side, the myth was that my grandfather was the son of
Baron von Sydof, the ancester of actor Max von Sydof, but took the
name Severson from his mother the Baron's chambermaid.

But alas my genealogy says that Severson was her married name to some
unknown Swede of that name, and my grandfather had many brothers and
sisters as was the custom those days.
Richard